TOWN OF RUTLAND
Board members present: Steven Hawley, James Hall, Stanley Rhodes III and James Callahan
The Meeting opened at 6:50 P.M. with the pledge of allegiance.
Mr. Hall made a motion to accept the minutes of 1-31-10 with changes. Mr. Callahan made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Town Clerk & Treasurer: Ms. Marie Hyjek reported:
Mr. Rhodes said he would like Board members to review the A.M. Peisch audit and discuss the report at the next meeting.
The Board considered a liquor license request from QMH. Mr. Rhodes said the business is the U S Route 7 South Sunoco station. He said Chief John Sly had reviewed the application and that everything is in order. Mr. Hawley moved to approve the Liquor and tobacco request. Mr. Callahan made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Mr. Rhodes informed the Board he had delivered a copy of the Town Report to Mr. John Petrone at Johnny Boys Pancake House. Mr. Rhodes said Mr. Petrone was very surprised.
Solid Waste Alliance Communities: Mr. Shields reported:
No meeting No report
Rutland Regional Transportation Council: Mr. Shields reported:
No meeting No report
Regional Planning Commission Mr. Fred Nicholson reported:
Road Commissioner: Mr. Byron Hathaway reported:
Mr. Rhodes cited the fact the pay orders show there is $80,000.00 in the winter subcontractors account. He said two weeks ago Mr. Hathaway said he was half way through the budget. Mr. Rhodes said the Town budgets $120,000.00. He said the Town is not yet spent half the winter subcontractor’s account.
Planning Commission: Mr. William Matteson reported:
Police Department: Chief John Sly reported:
Recreation Commission: Mr. Jode Hall reported:
Town Administrator: Mr. Joseph Zingale reported:
2. Letter from State Property valuation and Review regarding the education portion of the Gemini Associates tax appeal.
Mr. Rhodes suggested the Board look into paying for Town Tax appeals from the funds the Town Listers receive for conducting a reappraisal and maintaining the Grand List. Mr. Zingale will make inquiries and report back to the Board.
3. Ranbury Associates Vs. Town of Rutland Tax appeal information from the Town Attorney.
4. Correspondence from Town Attorney regarding General Electric tax appeal.
Fire Chief: Joseph Denardo reported:
1. Told the Board the Department the following night would be starting a National Incident Management (NIM) course. He said the Town has to be in compliance with (NIM) in order to receive and grant money. Chief Denardo invited Board members to attend the class if they are interested.
2. Chief Denardo said there has been a rash of calls from individuals regarding their CO detector alarm. Mr. Denardo said carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and tasteless. Individuals need to call 911 get out of the building when the alarm goes off, the chief told the Board.
Mr. Rhodes questioned the Chief regarding the truck roll over near the Town School. Chief Denardo said they was no discharge from the truck and that the department directed traffic and was available if needed.
Mr. Hall made a motion at 7:45 P.M. to go into executive session with the Road Commissioner to discuss pay, personnel matters and subcontractors. Mr. Hawley made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Mr. Rhodes declared the executive session closed at 8:09 P.M.
Mr. Callahan made a motion at 8:10 P.M. to go into executive session with Mr. William Matteson. Mr. Hawley made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously. Mr. Rhodes declared the executive session closed at 8:30 P.M.
The Board and Mr. Matteson discussed the topic of zoning.
Mr. Hawley moved to close the meeting at 8:50 PM. Mr. Hall made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.