Town Meeting Room Policy
Town of Rutland Meeting Room Use Guidelines:
The Town of Rutland has usable meeting room space in 4 buildings, but all have limitations: Center Rutland Fire Department, Town Hall in Center Rutland, Cheney Hill School and McKinley Avenue Fire Station.
Center Rutland Fire Department has excellent meeting space, but parking is limited, so groups of no more than 10-12 may use the meeting room. A member of the fire department or a town official familiar with the building will be present during the meeting room use. Scheduling use of the meeting room is to be done through the Fire Chief or his designee.
Cheney Hill School has had its handicapped ramp repaired, but the restrooms are not ADA compliant. Future use, other than 4-Winds volunteer training, will be determined when the Select Board decides whether to retain or sell the building, and what rehabilitation should be undertaken.
McKinley Station is not availble for use until __________, 2017 due to repairs presently underway. Groups of not more tha 20 people may use the meeting room. A member of the fire department or a town official familiar with the building will be present during the meeting room use. Scheduling use of the meeting room is to be done through the Fire Chief or his designee.
Town Offices: the only usable space is the Select Board room which has a capacity of about 20. These offices may be availble for public use during the day during town office business hours, or at other time when a town official familiar with the building will be present throughout the meeting. Scheduling will be done through the Town Administrator or his designee.
Rules for Use:
1) Meeting room space may be reserved for use to town or regional government groups or to non-profit groups with a local connection; no fee will be charged but we do encourage donations. All events must be open to the public and no admission fee may be charged except to cover the actual costs of materials or supplies used during the meeting or workshop.
2) Meeting room space will be available to any one group only once per month and not on a consecutively scheduled basis.
3) The provision of meeting rooms for public use does not constitute Town of Rutland endorsement of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the space.
4) Groups are responsible for setting up the room in advance of the meeting, and return furniture and furnishings to their initial places at the end of the meeting.
5) Groups are asked to deposit trash in the receptacles provided, take away everything else they brought in.
6) Refreshments are permitted. No alcohol and no smoking are permitted anywhere on the town property, inside or outside the building.
7) Each group is asked to submit a tally sheet of the actual number of attendees and deliver report to the Town Clerk’s Office at the end of each meeting.
8) Damage to meeting room space must be reported to the Town Select Board and is subject to possible repair costs.
9) No animals except service animals are allowed.